The Premier League home kit for next season has been revealed. The new kit encompasses our past in our famous Royal Blue, but is also designed and made with all the latest technology by Official Kit Suppliers umbro .
Not only do we have a brand new manufacturer we also have a brand new sponsor of F&C Investments on board for our return to the Premier League.
Every penny spent in the Blues stores helps to buy the Blues team of the future. Here are a further selection of photos of the new home kit.
Unfortunately the new socks were not available for this photoshoot. The socks will be blue:
Birmingham City FC is also proud to announce that our new principal partner for the next three seasons commencing June this year will be F&C Investments.
F&C is one of the UK's leading investment management companies, responsible for managing over GBP 100bn of savings and investments on behalf of investors throughout the UK and Europe. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange. John Yule, Head of Retail Distribution at F&C stated: "We are delighted to be associated with Birmingham City FC.The club, with its strong presence in the community, loyal supporter base, teamwork and pursuit of excellence is an ideal fit with the values and aspirations of our company. Football is a great channel to increase our brand awareness. Birmingham City is a team who are clearly going places and so too is F&C."
Flybe, the club's present principal sponsor until May, had five successful seasons at the club, which resulted in unprecedented success via their association.
Karren Brady, Managing Director of Birmingham City FC commented: "I am very excited to be able to confirm F&C investments as our new principal partner for the next three seasons. We have now reached the stage where a fresh, even more dynamic and lucrative sponsorship was essential to our continued development."
F&C investments will appear on the club's shirt for the next three seasons through kit manufacturer Umbro, who recently signed a deal for the same period.Blues today announced their new principal sponsors F&C Investments, as well as their new Umbro-manufactured kit at a special launch party at IMAX Theatre, Millennium Point.
The assembled media and invited guests were shown a film presentation on the giant five-storey high IMAX screen. e are pleased to be able to give you the opportunity to watch the video by clicking Here
Birmingham City kit history Colours
When Birmingham City started to play football (as Small Heath Alliance) the club colours were dark blue shirts with a white sash and white shorts. In 1883-84 they changed to wearing plain blue shirts and white shorts and in 1889-90 turned out in black shirts with gold colour and cuffs and white shorts.
The very next season (1890-91) the Blues players donned light blue shirts with a dark blue trim and white shorts and this design was to stay until 1914-15 when royal blue shirts with a central white 'V replaced were introduced.
This held firm until 1927-28 when a plain royal blue shirt and white shorts came into being. During the 1930s and '40s, Blues wore traditional white collared shirts with a button-up neckline, although before the War the colour blue was a fraction lighter than it was during the forties. In the early to mid-1950s the club retained the blue shirt, white collar, white shorts design but in 1957-58 the 'V neck was introduced - and remained so until 1963 when the round neck took over (Blues still wearing white shorts).
In 1965 the large white band round the neckline disappeared, to be replaced soon afterwards by a much thinner one when Blues also donned matching blue shorts. But it was back to plain blue shirts in 1968-69 (with blue shorts) and this theme continued until 1971 when the first penguin strip was seen.
In 1975 it was back to blue shirts with a white collar and white shorts. The round neck was seen again in 1977 but in 1980 it was laced with a 'V.
A slight change in the overall design was effected during the early 80s (red socks were seen and there was a thin white strip visible on the shirt in 1984-85). A touch of red was forthcoming in the 1985-86 season (on the shoulder line) and in 1986-87 (for the very first time) Blues' shirts had a white band across the chest with white foldovers on the socks. Occasionally they also played in a lighter blue shirt with a dark blue band across the chest.
In 1989-90 (under Dave Mackay) and with Mark One flashing across the front, the shirts comprised two broad flashes on each shoulder but it was soon done away with and back to blue shirts, white collars and cuffs and white shorts as the 1990s arrived.
A patterned blue shirt was seen in 1992-93 and a distinctive design on the sleeves appeared the following season before it was back to a traditional blue shirt with a small tucked in white band under the chin for the Barry Fry era. Then, when Trevor Francis came back to St Andrew's, Blues switched to a similar penguin-design shirt (like Francis and his colleagues wore in the early '70s) with a white body, blue sleeves and neckline and white shorts.
However it was back to blue shirts with white trimmings in 1997-98 thereafter it has been a more plainer design with a designer-strip down each arm.
Blues' change strips over the years, have varied considerably with players wearing matching white shirts and shorts to white shirts and black shorts, all red, black and red halved shirts, red and black stripes with black (and sometimes white) shorts, all yellow, yellow shirts with black shorts, blue and yellow shirts and yellow shorts and even a green and yellow combination.
It was announced on 8th March that Umbro would be the new kit manufacturers from 2007-2010. Umbro's first kit is yet another return to the penguin strip, with F&C Investments as the new sponsor.
The club changed its name from Small Heath Alliance to Birmingham in 1905 and the city's coat of arms also became the club's crest. In 1971 the famous "penguin" kit was first worn. This featured a Glasgow Rangers style "BCFC" on the shirts. In 1972 the current club badge (the globe and ball) was introduced, replacing the city's coat of arms (25/3/72) .
It was the winning entry of a competition organised in the Sports Argus newspaper and was designed by a local supporter, Mr Michael Wood of Burntwood, near Walsall, West Midlands. The BCFC was still worn on club shirts until 1975 with the new badge being used on the club shirts for the first time in the 1976/77 season.
In the early 1990s colour was added for the first time to the globe and ball badge but it only lasted for a few seasons. When Blues hero Trevor Francis returned as manager in 1996, the club reverted the Rangers style BCFC badge, but it only lasted for a season and Birmingham City went back to the globe and ball badge -- which is still worn on the present day shirts.