These are the new Racing club de Lens 08/09 home and away kits made by Nike. After several changes of shirts during the first years of the club, at the end of the year 1923, the Racing club de Lens adopted the red and yellow colours.
One evening, while on a meeting, managers and players of the club went past the ruins of St Leger church of Lens. One of them noticedthat the ruins of the Saint-Léger church they happened to be walking by that night were the last remains of the Spanish occupation in 1648. Red and yellow colours appealed immediately to the president of that time, René Moglia. Players cure the blood and the gold shirts for the first time in 1924, during the opening of the stadium. The club's nickname, sang et or (literally, 'blood and gold'), comes from its traditional colours of red and gold.