These are the new Aldershot Town home and away shirts for the 08/09 season. Aldershot Town announced that the club has negotiated a new kit deal with Sport Italia, which means that new playing kits will be introduced for the start of next season. All previous arrangements with Errea are now terminated and we have signed a two year deal with Sport Italia.
New playing, training and travelling kits have been designed and ordered ' for delivery in time for the new season. Your first chance to see what these look like was on Sunday 4th May at the end of season ATFC Family celebration day. There are many improvements with the new kit :
· The use of new, ultra modern sports fabric ' providing a lighter and more comfortable feel under leisure and sports use
· Sublimated Sponsors logo. This means the logo is part of the material itself, rather than a cheaper and lower quality iron-on transfer
· The ATFC Club logo will be embroidered onto the front of the shirt, upper left hand side of the chest
· This will include, along the bottom, the words 'Back to the Football League 2008' ' To recognise and celebrate our recent achievements
· The Sports Italia logo will be embroidered onto the front of the shirt, upper right hand side of the chest
· On the bottom rear of the shirt, 'Alive and Kicking' will appear ' again sublimated (part of) the material itself
· The Home shirt will remain primarily red with small blue panel areas with white piping. These panels will be part of the shirt, not separate parts stitched together
· The Away shirt will remain primarily blue (although lighter in shade) with small red panel areas with white piping, with same construction as the home shirt above
· Shorts, socks, track suits etc., will all be new and made to match the shirts as above
· The list price for the home shirt will be £29.99 ' providing a reduction of over £10 from the old shirts
In summary, ATFC will be providing fans with a much better product at a significantly lower price.
In addition, the club shop will be stocking a wider range of sports and leisure wear from Sports Italia, which have been selected for their superior quality and fit.
It's already public knowledge that our aim is to provide a bigger shop and one that is located at the front of the ground ' enabling this to be more accessible on non-match days.
Plans and action are afoot in the background to make this happen as soon as practicable. Once in place, it's also our intention to have the ability to provide an in-house service for adding names, numbers and league badges to our own shirts.
This is a big project and many people are busy making sure this happens smoothly and in time for the new season. The date of the first game where the players will wear the new kit is yet to be arranged.
On Sunday 4th May, at the ground, the ATFC Shop staff were displaying some early mock-ups of the kit so you can see some of the new features and judge for yourself the feel of the new material.
They will also be able to take pre-orders for either collection or delivery once available. The word 'available' is also a key word associated with this change and the deal with Sports Italia. They will finish and stock the kits in the UK, meaning they will have greater flexibility in stocking and much swifter deliveries for new and re-orders.
Better product, better price, better service, better availability ' and the players like it too!