Flamengo unveiled their new 08/09 3rd kit made by Nike. The new 3rd shirt is made in honor of the rowing club and is divided into two parts: the lower half, in black, and on top, the red.
The shield of rowing replaces the traditional CRF crest. Players Fabio Luciano, Marcinho, Toró and Cristian, where helped by the rowing athletes of "the scarlet and black." to get to the stadium Remo Lágoa at the headquarters of the club.
Flamengo was founded on November 15, 1895 as a rowing club by José Agostinho Pereira da Cunha, Mário Spindola, Nestor de Barros, Augusto Lopes, José Félix da Cunha Meneses and Felisberto Laport.