These are the new Watford home and away kits for the 08/09 season made by Diadora and the goalkeepers shirts. The club was founded in 1881, first playing at Cassio Road ground, before moving to Vicarage Road in 1922, where they remain to this day.
The club has the nickame of The Hornets due to its yellow and black strip. The first mention of the club's colours dates from 1888, when they wore blue shirts. Over the next few seasons, press reports researched by Trefor Jones, describe their shirts as variously "olive and scarlet," "orange and yellow" and "amber and scarlet." There is no record of how these colours were arranged but Historical kits have used artistic license to present them. It is, however, established that in November 1904, Watford played in yellow, green and red hoops