Rapid Wien unveiled their new 09/10 home kit made by Adidas in the Vienna City Park in front of the Johann Strauss-monument.
SK Rapid Wien was founded in 1898 as Erster Wiener Arbeiter-Fußball-Club (First Workers' Football Club of Vienna). The team's original colours were red and blue, which are still often used in away matches. On January 8, 1899 the club was re-named, taking on its present name of Sportklub Rapid Wien, following the example of Rapide Berlin. In 1904, the team colours were changed to green and white.
The new kit is available in the Club Fanshop and online.