Club Atlético Vélez Sársfield unveiled the new 09/10 kits made by Penalty.
Velez foundation dates back to 1910. It was on a rainy day when three men sheltered from a summer storm in Vélez Sársfield Railway Station. They were Julio Guglielmone, Martin Portillo and Nicolas Martín Moreno.
Together, the friends established the Argentines of Velez Sarsfield Athletic Club(Club Atlético Argentinos de Velez Sarsfield) and appointed Luis Barredo as their first chairman. Their first home was the piece of land located at United Provincies St.-Provincias Unidas-, currently Juan Bautista Alberdi, Convention St, currently Jose Bonifacio, and Mariano Acosta and Ensenada. During its infancy, the team sported white shirts but soon changed to navy blue shirts with white shorts.
On May 14, 1914, owing to the great amount of Italian immigrants who were members of the club, the kit was changed again. The new colours adopted were green, red and white, the colours of the Italian flag. From then on, the club played in green, red and white stripes.