Philadelphia Union has unveiled its first-ever home game jersey which will be available in stores by the end of next week and available through the FSC Shop.
Driven by a commitment to authenticity, the club succeeded earlier in creating a classic football crest that has been embraced by its supporters. Philadelphia Union has worked to continue that commitment, creating a unique jersey reflective of the rich and vibrant history and traditions, one their supporters can proudly wear.
"There will be no mistaking the Philadelphia Union on the field or anywhere else for that matter with this jersey. We hope our supporters are as pleased with it as we are," said Philadelphia Union President, Tom Veit. “The jersey will be available market-wide at the end of next week but can be pre-ordered today at philadelphiaunion.com for delivery on the first day of availability."
“We are simply ecstatic with the way this home jersey turned out," remarked CEO & Operating Partner Nick Sakiewicz. “It will always be our goal to be true to our heritage and our supporters and offer them gear to wear that will always make them proud to be a part of our soccer family.”
The uniform jersey, very much like the crest, incorporates the colors of the Revolutionary Army and is a salute to the Club's fans and the history of the Greater Philadelphia Region.
Among the features of the club’s first game jersey:
- Midnight blue is the dominant color
- The club crest is centered on the front on a wide panel of Union gold
- Above the right breast, the adidas logo, maker of all official Philadelphia Union gear
- On the right sleeve, there is an MLS patch
- On the left sleeve, there is an American flag
- Accent piping, the light blue color of the flag of Philadelphia, can be found on both the top and bottom of the jersey, as well as the tip of each sleeve
- Back of collar, “Jungite Aut Perite”, Latin for Join or Die, Benjamin Franklin’s rallying cry for colonial unity.
Philadelphia Union’s first-ever First Kick will take place Thursday night March 25, 2010 vs. The Sounders at Qwest Field in Seattle. The home opener is set for Saturday, April 10 vs. D.C. United at Lincoln Financial Field.
Thanks to GhostXIII