Santa Cruz unveiled their new football kits for the 2010 season made by Penalty at a presentation at the registered office of Alvarez which was attended by hundreds of fans.
The following sponsors are printed on the kit: Poty, Votomassa, Primor, Shineray, BMG
On February 3, 1914, eleven young men aging from 14 to 16 years founded a football club. Because the boys used to play football on the streets by the yard of the Santa Cruz Church, the club was named after that church, which is situated on Santa Cruz Street in Recife, Brazil.
The first official meeting of the members was at 2 Mangueira St. In this meeting they decided the position of each member, the name of the club "Santa Cruz Foot-Ball Club", and club colours.
The original colours were black and white. Some time after, the colour pattern was changed because another local team (Sport Club Flamengo) already had those colours. Therefore the club included the red colour by suggestion of Teófilo Batista de Carvalho, also known as Lacraia. Lacraia has participated in all major early events of Santa Cruz's history, except the foundation.
Thanks to Sports2wear