Some rare shirts go under the hammer at the Mullocks Football and Rugby Memorabilia auction on Tuesday 9th October 2007, 1.00pm Ludlow Racecourse, Ludlow, Shropshire.
301. FA Cup Final Shirt: A claret & blue V-neck short sleeve shirt with embroidered Aston Villa crest to front, No.2 to rear. Illus. £1500-1800
186. Shirt: A white with blue & yellow trim Chelsea Shirt with embroidered badge and "UEFA Cup Winners Cup Winners 1998" to front and No. 24 Newton to rear. £120-150
Note: This shirt was worn by Newton during the 1998/9 season.
317. England International Shirt: A white with red & blue V-neck shirt with embroidered 3 Lions badge to front, No. 6 to rear also official Itinerary & programme. (3). £250-300
Note: This shirt was worn by Ray Wilkins for the Home International match against Wales played at Wembley 20 th may 1981
318. Scotland International Shirt: A blue with white trim V-neck shirt with embroidered badge to front, No 16 to rear. £250-300
Note: This shirt was worn by Paul Sturrock (Dundee United) during the Home International match against Wales played at the Vetch Field 16th May 1981. This was Sturrock’s debut for Scotland.
319. Republic of Ireland International Shirt: A green with white & yellow trim V-neck shirt with embroidered Shamrock badge to front, No. 15 to rear plus exchange gift from the match, itinerary and programme. £200-250
Note: This shirt was worn by Gerry Daly during the International match played at Tolka Park, Dublin 24th febuary 1981.
320. Spanish International Shirt: A red with yellow trim V-neck shirt with embroidered Spanish badge to front, No. 2 to rear plus match programme. £120-150
Note: This shirt was worn by Camacho during the match played against Wales in Valencia 24th March 1982.
Camacho was an ever present defender for Real Madrid during the 1980s
321. International Shirts Etc: A white with blue trim Iceland International Shirt with embroidered badge to front, No. 7 to rear plus itinerary, pin badge, programmes & ceramic tankard relating the match against Wales played in Reykjavik 2nd June 1980 (Giles scored in this match); also a red with white trim V-neck Norway shirt with embroidered badge to front, No.7 to rear plus programme & pennant relating to the match played in Oslo 21st September 1983. £120-150
322. International Shirts Etc: A white crew neck long-sleeve shirt with Poland badge to front, No. 8 to rear plus itinerary & exchange gifts etc. also a red with white trim shirt with Maltese crest to front, No. 6 to rear plus programme. £120-150
323. Shirts: An amber with black trim Newport County shirt, No. 13 to rear, a white with black trim Swansea City shirt, No. 11 to rear & a blue & red Crystal Palace shirt, No. 7 to rear. (3). £75-100
439. Players Shirt: A red with white collar & trim short sleeve Manchester United shirt with embroidered crest to front signed in ink by 11 including Robson, Coppell & Moses etc.
Note: This is an example of a club issue shirt possibly for the Junior team from the early 1980s and is un-numbered. £150-200
440. Players Shirt: A blue with white trim short sleeve Chelsea shirt with embroidered crest & sponsors "Commodore" to front No. 3 to rear. £150-180
Note: This shirt was worn by the England International Tony Dorigo.
441. Players Shirt: A yellow with blue trim short sleeve Birmingham City shirt c1980 with embroidered crest to front, No. 11 to rear. £100-120.
Note: Player unknown.
457. Wales International Shirt: A red with white trim V-neck shirt with embroidered Welsh crest to front with the match details above, No. 10 to rear. Illus. £500-700
Note: This shirt was worn by the Blackburn Rovers & Everton inside forward Roy Vernon. A member of the Welsh World Cup squad of 1958 this proven goal scorer achieved a strike rate enviable of many today. It was during his time at Everton that he achieved his greatest success winning most of his International caps and the highlight of his helping the club win the League Championship scoring 24 times in 41 appearances.
458. Brazil International Shirt: A yellow with green trim crew neck shirt with embroidered Brazil crest & 3 stars above to front, No. 2 to rear.
Note: This shirt was worn by Feliciano when the team played Scotland at Hampden Park in June 1973. He was a member of the Famous Brazilian 1970 World Cup squad playing two matches during the Tournament. Making a total of 40 appearances for his country he later played against England in the American Bicentennial in 1976.
459. Shirt: An old gold with black trim V-neck shirt, Wolverhampton Wanderers crest to front with ‘Wembley 88’ above and sponsors ‘Staw Distribution’ below. Mounted, framed and glazed. Illus. £500-600
Note: This shirt was worn by the Welsh International Nigel Vaughan during the 1988 Sherpa Van Trophy Final at Wembley defeating Burnley 2-0. This was a highly successful season for the team during their revival also appearing at Wembley in the Centenary of the Football League and winning the 4th division championship.