Today we received an email from the recruiter for Design jobs at adidas with the question if we could post a job link on FSC as they are looking for an Apparel Designer in their Football area.
"We want a talented designer with a huge passion for football and your audience seems perfect for that"
Hopefully a talented designer from FSC or DesignFootball.com gets a chance.
To design market right apparel ranges and products for the adidas brand as part of an international design team in cooperation with marketing and development.
- Be at the global forefront of design trends and innovation and their application.
- Design ranges and products for the international apparel range based on input from and in cooperation with marketing.
- Own the creative process to make sure that the final products meet BU commercial and image objectives.
- Execute product design vs. the visual language of adidas and CI guidelines of the Sport Performance division.
- Translate the Business Unit strategies into differentiated and distinctive design language to fulfil customers expectations.
- Collect relevant information needed to create a truly international sports collection. This to include all possible sources to gain this information:
- Trade publications, trade fairs, sport events, general interest press, trend services, fashion & sportswear magazines
- Travel to gain market knowledge and design inspiration and to report back findings internally (store checks, market visits etc.)
- Produce trend and travel reports for other members of the design team and present findings to marketing.
- Design collections (this includes hand sketches, illustrations, technical drawings, colour concepts and coloured sketches, story boards, merchandizing boards, graphic solutions…)
- Ensure proper handover of sketches into development. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as sketches, detail sketches, fabric and trim indication, artworks …
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development (within x- functional team) for all issues regarding the ranges and products designed by the designer.
- Present ranges and collections internally and help with presentations, which support the launch of ranges and products designed by the designer, externally.
- Bring in knowledge about the Sport Performance market within the Design Team & entire X-Functional Team.
- Supporting other Team members in peak Design phases.
- BA or MA in Fashion design/ Sport Performance design or comparable education
- Computer skills on Apple Mac or PC (Adobe Illustrator, Freehand, Photo Shop)
- Apparel product knowledge / knowledge of functional apparel products
- High level of creativity
- Preferably a practical background ( e.g. apprenticeship as a tailor, internships in the apparel industry).
- Minimum 3 year of experience in apparel/Graphic design
- Fluent in English
- Good understanding of the Sport Performance Market.
More info here